Friday, January 2, 2009

Yay for 2009!




Happy New Year everyone! Although I signed up for this blog in September, obviously I've been a bit lazy with my posting. But, it's a new year so I thought I'd give this a whirl.

I'd better introduce myself. I'm Brittany, I'm 23 and I'm from the greater Cleveland area. I recently started my own business, london purple! Basically I was accumulating quite a fabric stash (and a finished product stash!) and a friend suggested I start selling my bags. It made sense to me, I love creating purses but it's not really feasible for me to have 18,000 of them. And so london purple was born!

The "theme" of my bags is that they're all named for different areas of London. One of my favorites is the Paddington Travel Bag (named for Paddington Station), a duffel bag that's the perfect size for holding everything you need for a weekend away. My general style is mixing classic solid colored fabrics with fun designer prints, either on the outside for a bag that will stand out or on the inside for a pop of color on a bag you can use every day. I also like functional features like adjustable straps, zipper pockets and reversability. You can check out my current bags for sale at http://londonpurple.etsy.com/. I'm creating new bags all the time!

So that's enough about me! Onto the real post...is everyone else excited about their resolutions? I have many, although I guess I'm not calling them resolutions. Goals for 2009 I would say. So my goals are:

- Eating healthier and exercising more. Isn't this on everyone's list? To do this, my boyfriend and I are abstaining from fast food for one month. This will be interesting, considering we are fast food junkies!

- I'd like to stop biting my nails. It's a really gross habit (even I think so) but it's hard to stop since I've been doing it since kindergarden. Yes I have managed to quit several times, but you get that one broken nail and it all goes downhill from there.

- Using my new day planner! So often I let these things fall by the wayside (hence, why I haven't blogged in months) but I paid a lot of money for a beautiful *pink* handbound planner so I'd love to use it every day! Actually I sketched some quick designs in it today. Let's hope this becomes something I can't go without.

-Turning the desk in the guest bedroom into my london purple office area. Right now my paperwork (receipts, invoices, custom order forms, etc.) is scattered about my sewing room. Not good!

- Building and maintaining an inventory of >30 bags in my shop. This shouldn't be too hard, I have a ton of ideas floating around. Just need to finish up some custom orders first!

- Shortening my TAT for custom orders. This will be tough. Although I love doing custom orders because people often choose fabric combos I wouldn't think of, or sometimes they pick ones I've been dying to do, sometimes it's hard to get the motivation to finish them when I have new ideas I want to try. I also feel bad crafting for myself when I have orders waiting.

I think those are some pretty good goals for the year. I'd love to see some of the things you all plan to do this year!

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

I found you via craftzine.com via sewmamasew - and I love your bags! I am just starting to sew (just finished my first real project!) and woul dlove to make a bag. I have several patterns hanging in my sewing room - and I want to make your wall hanger/mail sorter!